Do you remember my Autumn suit?
I said I will choose basic pants to complete this suit.
Yesterday evening, I suddenly realized that neither the shirt nor the jacket have pockets! A mother of growing kids always needs pockets to store (sometimes to hide ;-) a wide range of small things: keys, coins, tissues, toy cars or dolls, pebbles and other treasures!
I absolutely need pockets:
- I can hardly have pockets in the shirt or the top
- Neither in the optional buttoned scarf.
- Patch pockets would completely destroy the look of the jacket.
- Internal hidden pockets in the jacket can be a solution, but I would have to modify the jacket pattern and I want this suit as quickly as possible.
- Select a pants pattern with pockets seems to be the simplest solution.
Project status as of today:
- I wore the shirt another day and the fit suits my needs as a stay at home mother with young children. So, I decided to make the second shirt and the jacket right from the patterns without any alterations.
- I cut the second shirt and matching scarf in pink flower cotton: they are ready to be sewed now.
- I cut the jacket lining.
- I have to cut the jacket and sew it.
- I have to select a pants pattern with pockets, but in a basic style to complete the suit, and make it.
To be continued, soon I hope...